maandag 5 mei 2014

Are you pregnant? Noooo you are joking right?

I could not make this article without the help of the lovely page: Mommy & Mommy To Be
All the baby bumps you will see on this blog came from the great community Mommy and Mommy to be. I want to thank everybody who want to work with this article, I could not make it with all those lovely and beautifull mommy and mommy to be's! So if you are interested in babies or toddlers? Are you working on getting pregnant, you are pregnant, or you are a mommy? Then this is THE place to come together! 




"Are you pregnant? No you are joking right?" This is a question I get a lot.
At the very beginning I was ok with that. I thought wel my babybump will show when I'm at week 20 or something. But still people are looking weird at me if I say that I'm pregnant. Some people just don't see it or some people think that I'm only 10 weeks or something.
When I was laying in the hospital I was 25 weeks and even over there people where suprised that my bump was so tiny.
They have an explanation for it so I was ok with it.
But seeing other people showing there bump with pride sometimes feels uncomfortable. You just wondering if: everyting is ok with the baby, does it grow ok, does that explain all my pains, am I the only one with this tiny bump.

All those questions where running into my mind. And searching pictures of woman who are at the same week as I am does not work, the most of them have a beautifull babybump.
My midwife told me that I must be happy with such a tiny bump because after gaving birth my stomach will be sooner the way it was before pregnancy.
Ofcourse I'm happy with that.
But everytime people look weird or asking how far I am and they don't believe me that I'm over the 20weeks I must defent myself (well that's how it feels).
 I've got a dog and his trunk is the same size as the baby that grows in me. And well that's sometimes weird, I wonder how can this fit in my little tiny bump?
But after some research I saw that I was not alone (thank God for that).Ofcourse I know that I'm not alone, but all those questions from other people or comments of people: "Your bump is so tiny", "I could not believe you are 27weeks." "Are you sure you are pregnant?" "You just can't see a thing that you are pregnant!" makes me feels sometimes insecure.
And well there is nothing to be insecure about. Every bump is different and every woman is different.
There are several factors related to the growth of your bump. And well let me explain to you what the factors are.


Due to the growth of your child, the extent of your abdomen during pregnancy increases greatly. But not only your baby creates a bigger belly, also include the amniotic fluid and more fat storage ensure that you soon will not fit your normal clothing.
When your belly increases considerably in size varies per person. For one the belly size will increase harder during pregnancy then to another. And if you are skinny by yourself you will see it faster than another.
For yourself you will notice it around 11 weeks.
Chances are that you already do not fit your normal trousers. If you wear loose clothing you can maybe hide your pregnancy for the outside world. But from week 18 it will be difficult.
You can gain a kilo per week.
You may gain 12 kilos during your pregnancy.
And that is because:
*3300 gram baby
*Uterus 900 grams
*Placenta 650 grams
*Amniotic fluid 800 grams
*Fat across the body 3500 grams.
More blood to exchange of substances with the placenta to store moisture and an enlargement of the breasts and mammary glands provide for a further increase in weight of about 4.5 kg.


If the mother has a naturally fat around the waist, it will be less visible than a woman with a naturally slender physique with a slim waist.
Also, is it depends on how active or nervous they are in life. Stress namely also consumes calories and lots of activity burns calories also.

Very athletic women often have less big baby bump,the abdominal muscles do not really stretch. Among women who had only big belly, you often see a little that they are pregnant. Tall women are generally have less big bumps than very small, simply because there is more space "in height.

Also the location of the baby may be a factor. So on one day you bump looks different than the other day because your baby lay into another position.







So there are many factors why we all have different belly's!
Everybody is different and have a different body.

So it can all lie on:
- Construction
- Strength of the abdominal muscles
- Size of the child
- Amount of amniotic fluid
- Possible increase in body fat during pregnancy.
- Weight and Build of the mother

So don't judge a mommy to be by her bump!

Here will follow more baby bumps from beautifull woman!

















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten