woensdag 14 mei 2014

We're pregnant!

 OMG....it's burning my eyes! Oh, wait that's sunshine! I didn't know what it was for a minute.

Goodmorning, rise and shine! And yes while I'm writing this it's only 7am in the morning. And I've got allready coffee with my hubby and when he left for work I had my oatmeal and kiwi for breaky and now I'm waiting till I can do my second glucose test. So I thought let's write a blog about: We're pregnant!
The sun is shining and I feel good. Oh well while it lasts.

We're pregnant!! Yeah, I know, you know that allready.
But where does this phrase come from?
Well I gain a little bit of weight during pregnancy. Not that much I've lost a lot's of kilos and I gained a little. I'm still at my weight before pregnancy. But my hubby was also gaining a little bit of weight.
You just do not see it and it's nothing bad. But he sees it and feels it.
But I did not worry about it because I just can't see where he must gained weight :s.
But then I read an article about man gaining weight during pregnancy because of an hormone.
I told that to my hubby and he respond wisely: "I know how that hormone is called!, white chocolate and cookies!"
I really must laugh because a little bit of that is true. Man eat more because of the pregnant woman who eats more during pregnancy. A man gain like 6 till 10 kilo's during the pregnancy of a woman.
But there is really an hormone and it's called: prolactin. This hormone will cause that fats and sugars are stored instead of burnt. 
This is what studies shows.
The study followed 34 couples during their pregnancy gymnastics in a hospital in St. John's to take off their blood.
In the men's prolactin level increased by a third between the middle and the end of pregnancy.While the prolactin level remains much lower by woman, Storey says that the increase in prolactin and two other types of hormones cortisol and estradiol responsible for ensuring that men respond better to their babies. But, she emphasizes, these hormonal synchronization occurs only in couples who live together.
According to the study men who live with a pregnant partner see a reduction in the production of the aggression stimulating hormone testosterone and an increase in another hormone prolactin which is linked to the production of milk.
Since high testosterone levels to ensure that men are macho and territorial, Storey says that the decrease of the hormone during pregnancy causes men to spend more time with their partner and their baby.
Storey's research also found out that increasing the level of the "female" hormones in men when the birth is approaching.

So for the man: there is nothing to worry about, it's all part of it.

And that's why it called: We're pregnant!


Enjoy your pregnancy!!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten