maandag 26 mei 2014

The flu and pregnancy


Yesterday I feel like a cold was coming up: runny nose, sore throat, headache. Nothing to worry about just take some rest and it will go away soon. For the runny nose I inhale a saline solution in the hope it helps. But when I wake up this morning I feel pretty bad.
I was not hungry, not in the mood for coffee (yes you've read that right), everything hurts, I was sweaty but I was feeling so cold.
I just measured my temperature, and yes I have a fever.
Normally I take a lot of paracetamol and everything for sore throats and colds.
But this time it is a different story.
When you are pregnant the only medicine you can take is paracetamol and most preferably just nothing. But my temperature was a little bit to high so I've talked to my gynecologist so I must take 6 of them this day (2 at ones) and meassure my temperature everytime so it would not be higher.
Further I must take a lot of rest and vitamins.
Well the rest will be ok with my snuggles!

 
I can't believe how much I love my four legged kids!

Can flu or cold hurt during pregnancy?
A heavy cold or flu will not hurt your unborn child. In fact, he will benefit from the antibodies that your body produces when you are sick. They will came trough the placenta to you baby. After birth, he added protection against these germs.

Is fever dangerous if you are pregnant?
A little fever is okay if you are pregnant. But does your body temperature above 39.5 degrees Celsius? Then you have a high fever.
High fever in early pregnancy can cause problems for your placenta, because the protein supply for your baby can be disrupted.
Too high fever can sometimes encourage labor.
You can choose to get your fever down with paracetamol like what I did. But always do it in consultation with your gynecologist or doctor.

What can you do more if you've got a fever?
Make sure you drink plenty of fluids: water, tea or bouillon. Because you can lose a lot of fluids when you have a fever. Wear light clothing and do not lie under thick blankets. Your body must be able to dissipate the heat properly. 
And take it easy and slow.

Caution with medication if you are pregnant
If you are pregnant you must be carefull with wich medicine you take!!!!!

















So now it's time to eat my blackberries and cuddle with my fourlegged kids!




2 opmerkingen: