maandag 26 mei 2014

bubur kacang hijau

Bubur Kacang Hijau also known as a sweet porridge of small green peas.
This porridge is made out of mung beans. 

For thousands of years, mung beans have been used for a variety of purposes. Mung beans originated in India and were cultivated Throughout Asia. The ancient Chinese used mung beans for culinary and medicinal Purposes zoals dispelling heat and detoxifying the body. Today mung beans are still being used for culinary and health Purposes due to the beans' high nutritional content and value.
They are a natural source of protien, high in fibre and used extensively in Asian cooling, espacially by vegetarians. 

So with the mung beans by my side I will bring you back again to my roots: Indonesia.
My mother made this when I was sick as a litlle kid. And now I've got the flu again I wanted to try and make these porridge.
This is not the original recipe like my: Bubur ketan hitam . 


What you will need is:

150 gr. kacang hijau (aka mung beans)
7.5 dl. thin santen (coconut milk)
2 ltr. water
2 tbsp maple syrup

Soak the kacang hijau overnight in plenty of water. Pour the kacang into a pan of water and cook it in about 1.5 hours until tender. Pour off the excess water and add the santen with the maple syrup.
Make sure the santen is warm. 
I pour the remaining coconut milk off, but you can maintain it.

And your porridge is ready to serve!


selamat makan








Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten